|POLICY||Effective Date:||October 19, 1999|
|DIRECTIVE||Cancellation Date:||May 11, 2010|
This Document is Obsolete and Is No Longer Used.
It is NASA policy that the authorities to approve facility projects, including all collateral equipment required to make such facility projects initially usable, be as follows:
a. Deputy Administrator, or Associate Deputy Administrator
(1) The authority contained in 42 U.S.C. 2459(b), Section 310(b) of the National Aeronautics Space Act of 1958, as amended, to approve the use of funds appropriated for the Construction of Facilities (CoF) for emergency repairs of existing facilities.
(2) Application of statutory reprogramming or transfer of authority for appropriated funds, as provided for in the annual authorization and appropriation acts.
(3) Facility project cost variations, in accordance with the annual authorization and appropriation acts, requiring congressional notification.
b. Chief Financial Officer(CFO)
(1) Cost variations of CoF described in the budget submission, below congression notification in the annual authroization and appropriations acts. in the annual authorization acts.
c. Director of Facilities Engineering and Real Property Division
(1) Approval of all CoF projects and activities authorized under the annual authorization and appropriation with power of further redelegation to selected staff in the Facilities Engineering and Real Property Division.
(2) Concurrence of CoF project cost variations approved by the CFO under paragraph 1.b(1) of this NPD. authorization and appropriation acts.
(3) Approval of facility projects funded from other than NASA appropriations, except as provided for by NPD 9050.6, NASA Exchange Activities, with authority to redelegate to the Center Directors or Diretor NASA Management Office, JPL, for facilities projects not exceeding $500,000.
(4) Approval of routine facility projects, with power of further redelegation to the Center Directors or the Director, NASA Management Office, JPL, for facility projects below the CoF limits provided for in the annual authorization and appropriations acts.
d. Mission Directorates Associate Administrators
(1) Concurrenceof projects which directly support programs within the mission directorate, with the power to delegate concurrence to selected mission directorate and program staff.
This NPD is applicable to NASA Headquarters and NASA Centers, including Component Facilities.
42 U.S.C. 2473(c)(1), Section 203(c)(1) of the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958, as amended.
The officials who are the authorities under paragraph 1 of this NPD will ensure that feedback is provided to keep the Administrator, through official channels, fully and currently informed of significant actions, problems or other matters of substance related to the exercise of authority delegated hereunder.
As provided to the designated authorities under paragraph 1 of this NPD.
Compliance with this NPD will be measured as part of the annual self- assessment process.
NPD 7330.1G, Approval Authorities for Facility Projects dated October 19, 1999.
May 11, 2010, Original signed by
a. 42 U.S.C. 2459(b), Section 310(b) of the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958, as amendedb. NPD 8820.2, Design and Construction of Facilities c. NPR 8820.2, Facility Project Implementation Guide d. NPD 9050.6, NASA Exchange and Morale Support Activities