Effective Date: December 05, 2008
Expiration Date: December 05, 2013
|| TOC | Preface | Chapter1 | Chapter2 | Chapter3 | Chapter4 | Chapter5 | AppendixA | AppendixB | AppendixC | ApendixD | AppendixE | AppendixF | AppendixG | AppendixH | AppendixI | AppendixJ | ALL ||
Coordination Group (SFCG) (November 2000)
The SFCG provides a forum for multilateral discussion and coordination of spectrum matters of mutual interest concerning, in particular, the following space radiocommunication services as defined in the ITU RR:
Earth Exploration Satellite
Radioastronomy and Radar Astronomy to the extent that they are relevant to spacecraft missions
The agreed-upon results of the SFCG work will be expressed in the form of resolutions, recommendations, or whatever form may be appropriate for the case. SFCG members will attempt to ensure that findings of the SFCG are taken into account by their agencies.
The SFCG will:
• Facilitate early understanding of present and future plans for space systems and services and of other systems affecting these.
• Identify problem areas and coordination needs, and study potential solutions associated therewith.
• Identify issues and policy matters relating to the future orderly use of the frequency bands allocated to respective space radiocommunication services.
• Suggest courses of action to be taken by SFCG member agencies with regard to current and future frequency needs of the space radiocommunications services identified above.
• Identify those matters for which member agencies should facilitate contributions to regional bodies (e.g. APT, CEPT, CITEL), ITU-R Study Groups; or to encourage their administrations to make proposals to ITU WRCs.
• Closely cooperate in the area of frequency management with other space agencies, as well as with commercial or research users of frequency bands allocated to the services identified above.
• Consider any other items of technical, operational, or administrative nature which affect the interests of the group.
• Maintain strong ties with other international bodies with related objectives.
Current list of SFCG Member Agencies:
ARGENTINA: Comisi=n Nacional de Actividades Espaciales (CONAE)
AUSTRALIA: Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO)
AUSTRIA: Austrian Space Agency (ASA)
BRAZIL: Instituto de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE)
CANADA: Canadian Space Agency (CSA)
CHINA: China Meteorological Administration (CMA)
European Meteorological Satellite Organization (EUMETSAT)
EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY (ESA)
FRANCE: Centre National d'+tudes Spatiales (CNES)
GERMANY: Deutsche Forschungs - und Versuchanstalt fur Luft - und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
INDIA: Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
ITALY: AGENZIA SPAZIALE ITALIANA (ASI)
JAPAN: Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
MALAYSIA: National Space Agency
REPUBLIC OF KOREA: Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI)
RUSSIAN FEDERATION: Russian Federal Space Agency (RFSA)
SPAIN: INTA/ Ingeniera y Servicios Aeroespaciales (INSA)
SWEDEN: Swedish Board for Space Activities/Swedish Space Corporation (SBSA/SSC)
TAIWAN: National Space Program Office (NSPO)
UKRAINE: National Space Agency of Ukraine
UNITED KINGDOM: British National Space Center (BNSC)
UNITED STATES: NASA
UNITED STATES: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
| TOC | Preface | Chapter1 | Chapter2 | Chapter3 | Chapter4 | Chapter5 | AppendixA | AppendixB | AppendixC | ApendixD | AppendixE | AppendixF | AppendixG | AppendixH | AppendixI | AppendixJ | ALL |
|| NODIS Library | Legal Policies(2000s) | Search ||