COMPLIANCE IS MANDATORY
Effective Date: February 05, 2008
Expiration Date: February 05, 2018
Subject: NASA Research and Technology Program and Project Management Requirements (w/change 3 dated 04/18/13)
Responsible Office: Office of the Chief Engineer
Appendix C. R&T Program Formulation Authorization Document (FAD) Template
C.1 R&T program FAD Title Page
Figure C-1 R&T program Formulation Authorization Document Title Page
C.2 R&T program FAD Template
RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
FORMULATION AUTHORIZATION DOCUMENT
- Briefly describe the purpose of the program and define its relationship to the Agency's vision and mission, as defined by NPD 1001.0, NASA Strategic Plan.
- Establish the scope of work to be accomplished.
- Define the approach and resources required to conduct program formulation.
- Identify the program lead to manage the Formulation effort.
- Describe any Center involvement, including lines of authority, coordination, and reporting.
- Identify the management process (NPR 7120.8, etc.) for the program.
- Identify the initial program elements that follow a Technology Development Project life cycle and those elements that follow an R&T portfolio project life cycle.
- Identify, by fiscal year, the funding that will be committed for Program Formulation.
- Provide initial constraints, including resources, schedule, and program participants within and external to NASA, including international partnerships.
- Describe any reviews, including independent reviews required during the formulation phase. Describe the criteria for triggering a termination during formulation.
This Document Is Uncontrolled When Printed.
Check the NASA Online Directives Information System (NODIS) Library
to Verify that this is the correct version before use: