COMPLIANCE IS MANDATORY
Effective Date: February 05, 2008
Expiration Date: February 05, 2018
Subject: NASA Research and Technology Program and Project Management Requirements (w/change 3 dated 04/18/13)
Responsible Office: Office of the Chief Engineer
Appendix G. R&T Project Formulation Authorization (FAD) Document Template
G.1 R&T Project FAD Title Page
Figure G-1 R&T Project Formulation Authorization Document Title Page
G.2 R&T Project FAD Template
RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY
FORMULATION AUTHORIZATION DOCUMENT
- Briefly describe the purpose of the project and define its relationship to the programs strategic goals and objectives.
- Establish the scope of work to be accomplished.
- Define the approach and resources required to conduct project formulation.
- Identify the project lead.
- Describe any Center involvement, including lines of authority, coordination, and reporting.
- Identify the management process (NPR 7120.8, etc.) for the project.
- Identify, by fiscal year, the funding that will be committed for Project Formulation.
- Provide initial constraints, including resources, schedule, and project participants within and external to NASA, including international partnerships.
5.0 Reviews and Optional KDPs
- Describe any reviews, including independent reviews required during the formulation phase. Describe the criteria for triggering a termination during formulation. Identify optional KDP B if required by the DA during Formulation or identify optional KDP B is not needed. This should include determination of gate products required prior to the optional KDP B.
This Document Is Uncontrolled When Printed.
Check the NASA Online Directives Information System (NODIS) Library
to Verify that this is the correct version before use: