Effective Date: January 28, 2008
Expiration Date: November 28, 2013
|| TOC | Preface | Chapter1 | Chapter2 | Chapter3 | Chapter4 | Chatper5 | AppendixA | AppendixB | AppendixC | AppendixD | ALL ||
D.1 Typical Facility Cost. The Current Cost Estimate (CCE) included on Forms 1510 and 1509 for a typical facility project includes the current local cost of the following:
a. Land acquisition.
b. Site preparation, utilities, sidewalks, and access roads.
c. Construction materials and labor.
d. Material and equipment tests performed at the construction site or at an offsite location.
e. Construction management services including network diagrams.
f. Environmental protection.
g. Collateral equipment.
h. Subcontractor and general contractor cost, overhead, and profit.
i. General conditions, bonds, and taxes.
D.2 Related Costs. The following is a partial list of items that are normally funded from funding accounts other than CoF. The Director, Facilities Engineering and Real Property Division, can approve exceptions.
a. Planning/studies documentation, such as the following:
1. Environmental Assessments (EA) and Environmental Impact Statements (EIS).
2. Permit actions (e.g., environmental, stormwater, dredging) unless directly related to the construction contracting effort.
3. Pre-PER studies (i.e., concept studies and/or requirements document).
b. Design-related activities other than SIES, such as the following:
1. Independent design analysis.
2. Third-party review.
3. Health and Safety analysis.
4. Engineering support.
5. Reliability and quality assurance support.
6. Software quality assurance support.
7. Program scheduling.
8. Documentation and control.
c. Outfitting items, such as the following:
1. Research, checkout, and assembly hardware/equipment.
2. Test support and ground support equipment.
3. Cleaning equipment.
5. Telephones, modems, switching equipment, and associated wiring (see Note 1).
6. Communications equipment (voice/data) and associated wiring (see Note 1).
7. Electronic security systems hardware (see Note 1).
8. Paging and area warning systems hardware (see Note 1).
9. Process/support equipment (see Note 1).
10. Replacing carpet and installation (initial carpet or carpet tile installation when used as the primary floor covering can be included in the CCE).
11. Window and door treatments (e.g., blinds, glare controls, and drapes, except where blinds are an integral part of the window or door unit and, thus, the initial purchase can be included in the CCE).
12. Lockers, unless built in.
14. Video equipment.
15. Computer hardware.
16. Automatic data processing equipment (including cables, fiber optics, and network connections).
d. Services, such as the following:
1. Building/vehicle maintenance.
2. Janitorial services.
3. Storage costs for noncollateral equipment.
4. Security personnel.
5. Spare parts.
6. Warranties (except when associated with equipment or structural members that are an integral part of the facility).
7. Operator certification and training programs.
8. Operational readiness reviews.
9. Integrated systems testing, health, and safety reviews.
e. Other expenses, such as the following:
1. Relocation/move-in expenses.
2. Acquisition process.
3. Personal and other health and safety protection.
4. Temporary housing.
5. Utility consumption.
6. Facility calibration.
7. Facility dedication.
8. Personnel travel.
9. Training (except for collateral equipment).
Note 1: In general, items that are permanently affixed, such as conduits, raceways, cable trays, ductwork, wall penetrations, terminal rooms, and junction and terminal boxes, are included in the CCE of the facility project.
| TOC | Preface | Chapter1 | Chapter2 | Chapter3 | Chapter4 | Chatper5 | AppendixA | AppendixB | AppendixC | AppendixD | ALL |
|| NODIS Library | Program Management(8000s) | Search ||