Effective Date: October 16, 2002
Expiration Date: October 16, 2013
This NPD reaffirms NASA's policy concerning the employment and advancement of individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans and assigns responsibility for the development and implementation of the Program for Individuals with Disabilities and the Disabled Veterans Program.
This NPD applies to NASA Headquarters and NASA Centers, including Component Facilities.
a. Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 29 U.S.C. ºº 791, 794, 794d.
b. Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 38 U.S.C. º 4214.
c. Executive Order 12106, 3 C.F.R. 263 (1978 Comp.)."
a. Veterans Readjustment Appointments, 5 C.F.R. Part 307.
b. EEOC Management Directive (MD) 715 (2003).
a. The Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity is responsible for the Individuals with Disabilities and Disabled Veterans Programs. The Assistant Administrator for Diversity and Equal Opportunity shall designate a Program Manager to plan, develop, implement, and manage the Agencywide affirmative action program for recruitment, hiring, placement, advancement, and retention of individuals with disabilities and the program for disabled veterans. This includes the following:
(1) Developing Agencywide affirmative action program plans, updates, and accomplishment reports.
(2) Providing guidance to NASA on affirmative action matters related to recruitment, hiring, placement, advancement, and retention.
b. In conjunction with the Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity, the Office of Human Capital Management, has responsibility for selective placement or other personnel-related concerns relative to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans, including the following:
(1) Interpreting and ensuring compliance with applicable personnel laws and regulations.
(2) Providing guidance, technical information, and support to the Agency coordinators concerning selective placement matters, including appointing authorities, and job and worksite modifications.
(3) Keeping abreast of the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) personnel regulations and guidelines and the Equal Employment Opportunity commission's (EEOC) guidelines affecting individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans.
c. Center Directors and, at Headquarters, the Assistant Administrator, Headquarters Operations are responsible for selecting a Coordinator for the Individuals with Disabilities and Disabled Veterans Programs. The Coordinator will plan, implement, and manage the Centers' Program for Individuals with Disabilities and Disabled Veterans Program.
d. Center Human Resources Directors shall provide for the placement of individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans and furnish the full range of personnel services in support of the Program for Individuals with Disabilities and the Disabled Veterans Program.
NASA will develop Agency Accomplishment Reports and Affirmative Action Program Plan Updates which will reflect the goals and objectives for hiring, placing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities, especially those with targeted severe disabilities, and disabled veterans, particularly those with a 30-percent or more disability. NASA Headquarters will also be required to develop the reports and updates in accordance with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Office of Personnel Management guidelines.
NPD 3300.3D, dated October 16, 2002.
ORIGINAL SIGNED BY:
s/ Sean O'Keefe