Effective Date: August 01, 2014
Expiration Date: August 01, 2025
|| TOC | Preface | Chapter1 | Chapter2 | Chapter3 | Chapter4 | Chapter5 | AppendixA | AppendixB | ALL ||
B.1 NSTS 5300.4 (1D-2), "Safety, Reliability, Maintainability and Quality Provisions for the Space Shuttle Program," September 10, 1997. This document states: "1D102 MOTIVATION. The contractor shall maintain a product-oriented motivation (awareness) program planned and implemented as an integral part of, and making maximum use of, the existing motivational effort. The program objective shall be the prevention of human error by instilling in individuals performing on the contract, and on critical subcontractors thereunder, an awareness of their personal responsibility for Space Shuttle mission success and motivating the exemplary performance necessary to achieve this success. The program shall include the following as a minimum:
1. Goal setting and measurement to provide documented practical goals and performance standards for the reduction and elimination of human errors at organizational and individual employee levels.
2. Error Cause Identification and Removal System for detecting human errors, relating them to an identifiable cause, and action to remove the cause. Methods to obtain and distribute Space Shuttle motivation information and materials to concerned contractor personnel, those of subcontractors and vendors supplying critical flight and ground support hardware and software.
3. Motivational (awareness) indoctrination for contractor Space Shuttle supervisory personnel and indoctrination of the workforce in workmanship needs.
4. Recognition means for personnel who demonstrate their awareness through exceptional craftsmanship, error free workmanship and attention to careful performance in their job responsibility.
5. Existing motivation (awareness) program of suppliers of critical flight and ground support hardware/software shall be reviewed for compliance with the intent of these requirements in motivating supplier personnel and their sub-suppliers to exemplary performance. Provisions for fulfilling all or part of the requirements on critical subcontracts shall be authorized by specific contract direction."
B.2 National Aeronautics and Space Act, 51 U.S.C. 20113(a), as amended.
B.3 Federal Acquisition Regulation, 48 C.F.R. Chapter 1, et seq.
| TOC | Preface | Chapter1 | Chapter2 | Chapter3 | Chapter4 | Chapter5 | AppendixA | AppendixB | ALL |
|| NODIS Library | Human Resources and Personnel(3000s) | Search ||
This document does not bind the public, except as authorized by law or as incorporated into a contract. This document is uncontrolled when printed. Check the NASA Online Directives Information System (NODIS) Library to verify that this is the correct version before use: https://nodis3.gsfc.nasa.gov.